We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
9830A N. Michigan Rd.
Carmel, IN 46032
Phone: (317) 334-1883
Fax: (317) 334-1884
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Like us on Facebook!
• Painted Buntings, Orchard and Baltimore Orioles begin to arrive.
• Young are born in nursery colonies of bats.
• The Dawn Chorus begins. Be sure to listen for the early morning natural serenade.
• Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Butterflies fly May-September, two flights.
• Red-headed Woodpeckers nesting. Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers are incubating.
• Chickadees, titmice, nuthatches are incubating and are less likely to be at feeders.
• Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, nighthawks, Wood Thrushes, Veerys and Chimney Swifts return.
• House Wrens return. They may come in late April (earlier in south) if spring is warm.
• Sub-adult Purple Martins return to establish new colonies early in the month.
• Nesting materials are being collected.
• Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May.
• International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May.